January 30, 2011

HORIZONS-Fanzine #6 - never happened

My fanzine was a real 1990s story - totally coming from an Emo-kinda angle and just concentrating on almost MYSELF. First issue was born from the pain of a lost relationship, and written mostly during the flights back & forth California. I did include some photos I shot there also: of FUGAZI for example. You see, very 1990s...
The woman depicted here is
Mrs. Cleaver (no pun intended).
I was kinda into the whole
Black Power Movement
back in those days

I would adress a crude mixture of personal articles, bad poems, reviews and bands I like. Some things, it became kinda famous for - among them was a quizzy page that always saw the same people winning. But even that was totally how I wanted it to be.
There were some scene-reports, some shaping of the "Northcore"-movement, LEBENSREFORM included (yeah - I said it was about MY STUFF), and even some art.
It saw guest contributions from people that were, are or would be in LEBENSREFORM, LUZIFER'S MOB, "Intro", "Vengeance", "Stern", "de:bug", VEGAS, and by Dania...

This blog will be host to all published issues, in a C.V.-approved chronological order. From [ LEI ]'s last official statement, touching the Neneh Cherry-side of things, and slowly approaching the very first real Emo-shit (even handwritten).

Issue Number 6 never saw the light of day - I just started preparing it. As you can guess from the picture: it was meant to be a rerun of interviews and already published articles. So, yeah, basically this blog is #6 3.5...

P.S.: I guess there is only one more entry of "what is going to be in this blog" - so you'll finally will be able to just enjoy what is. But hey, "that's me"...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...